- Use the interactive forms to identify and complete missing information to ensure compliant data processing
- List the data processing activities that your organization performs, both as controller and processor
- Let our tools guide you as you describe each Article 30-compliant processing activity
- Track processing statuses by division
- Don’t know where to begin? Use our fully customizable, industry-specific, standard processing templates, designed by data protection law experts.
- If you manage compliance for several entities or for a group, save time by duplicating and transferring your processing activities from one entity or area to another in a single click.
- If you manage compliance for a parent company, you can share the software, third-party and site repositories with the subsidiaries.
Want to go beyond the minimum GDPR compliance requirements? Try extended mode, and build a complete data map in accordance with the Accountability principle.
Data mapping consists in creating an inventory of all personal data processing performed by an organization.
Strongly recommended in any GDPR program, data mapping allows you to measure your organization’s level of compliance.
A data map is a key starting point for obtaining a global view – processing activities, purposes, controller, sensitive data, data security, legal bases, transfers, third parties, processors, etc. — of the personal data processing conducted by your organization.
It gives employees better access to — and a better understanding of — the personal data being processed, along with its sources. It is an essential tool for ensuring proper protection of personal data and privacy.
Data protection authorities generally recommend data mapping to measure the level of GDPR compliance using, among other things, the information contained in the record of processing activities.
Data mapping allows compliance monitoring, and contributes to enriching the record of processing activities, so that organizations – and the Data Protection Officer, or DPO — can draw up action plans dedicated to maintaining compliance.