Data Legal Drive (hereinafter “DLD” or “we”), which is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data, takes the protection of Personal Data and your privacy very seriously.
Which data do we collect?
By using our Site or Platform, you may be asked to provide us with your Personal Data, directly or indirectly (e.g. via third party sources), or through the use of the Site and Platform.
Some personal data are collected directly from you or when using our services:
such as name, e-mail, address, phone number, and social networks of the person concerned
such as subscription amount, and credit card number
such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system used
Data related to the subscription to the Platform
such as Username, and password
Data from chat and phone calls
such as comments, requests, questions, and information provided to our customer service via chat or by phone
Data related to business activities
such as company name, work email, and job title
such as functions used, web pages visited, settings selected, timestamps of visits, and search terms
such as the geographic location of the User
such as data produced from your testing and use of the Beta Product, if you have agreed to participate as a Beta Tester
We may also obtain your Personal Data from our affiliates and other third parties. Some of these Personal Data are collected via cookies placed on our Site or Platform. To learn more about how we manage these cookies, you can read our Cookies Policy at any time.
These third parties may be:
- social networks when you give the permission to access your data on a social network;
- service providers who help us identifying your location so that we can customise some services according to your location;
- companies with whom we offer joint services and who ensure that they have obtained your data lawfully; and/or
- publicly available sources (and/or data providers from whom we obtain data).
When collecting your Personal Data, you may be informed that some of this information is mandatory to provide the service you have requested. If the mandatory information is not filled in, the request may not be fulfilled.
Why do we collect your Personal Data?
We collect and process Personal Data of our Users only for the following purposes:
Management of the Platform
- To manage your access and use of our Platform
- To process your subscription request (or requests?) to our Platform
- To provide you with technical support and maintenance to enable the efficient and secure operation of our Site and Platform
- To notify you of changes, updates, or other new features related to our Site or Platform
- To respond to your requests for additional information and/or comments
To improve our services
- To improve the features and quality of your browsing experience on our Site, and Platform, by conducting tests, research, analysis, studies and surveys
- To promote our Platform
- To provide you with content that is relevant, appropriate, and personalised according to your interests and geographical location
- To improve customer relation
- To evaluate the quality of the service
- To carry out commercial prospecting operations
- To evaluate the impact of our promotional campaigns and to assess our commercial performance, surveys, and other investigations, by identifying the usage of our Site and Platform
- To invite you to participate in our customer surveys, advertising contests and other promotions
- To invite you to events that we organise, alone or in partnership with others
- To send you information on awards received
- To evaluate employees
- To train employees
- To process recruitment applications via our Site
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To perform and enforce our contracts
Beta test programme
- To communicate with you
- To analyse the data generated to improve platform features
On which lawful basis do we collect your Personal Data?
We collect and process your Personal Data following the Regulations and only on the following lawful basis:
- Where it is necessary for the performance of a contract we have with you;
- Where needed to comply with our legal obligations;
- Where you have given your express consent to the processing of your Personal Data;
- Where it is necessary to protect our legitimate interests.
e.g.: to detect, investigate and prevent technical, fraud, and security problems, to protect our rights, property, or the safety of our Users and employees, or concerning commercial prospecting for businesses.
What rights do I have regarding my data?
We ensure that you can exercise all the rights given to you by the Regulation. You can thus freely:
- Have access to your Personal Data
- Rectify inaccurate Personal Data
- Obtain the erasure of your Personal Data
- Restrict the processing of your Personal Data
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data
- Obtain a copy of your Personal Data (right to data portability)
Who are the recipients of your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data are transferred to the entities with which we collaborate to provide the service we offer, after ensuring that they comply with the obligations related to the security of Personal Data.
|Who is it?||Why?|
|The host of our Site and our Platform (located in France)||to perform maintenance and database hosting services.|
|The editor of a third-party application available on our Site or Platform||to access and use this application.|
|Our service providers, retailers, representatives, processors, and partners||to provide the services requested, carry out a transaction or respond to your requests for advice and information, provide the IT services required for the proper functioning of our site and our Platform, and conduct commercial statistics and direct prospecting.|
|Authorities||in the context of the investigation of the perpetrators of offences.|
How long are my data stored?
Your Personal Data is only stored for the period strictly necessary to achieve the purposes specified in this Policy, following the Regulations and the applicable laws. After this period, your Personal Data will be deleted.
|Purpose of processing||Lawful basis||Retention period in active database||Retention period in archive||Useful information|
|Candidate application processing||Legitimate interest||19 months from the last contact||N/A||Data of an unsuccessful candidate is kept for a maximum of 19 months in an active database from the last contact|
|Carrying out satisfaction surveys and customer surveys||Legitimate interest||3 years from the last customer contact or 2 years from the date of the closing of the User account by the customer, if applicable||N/A|
|Tracking and traceability of Users’ browsing||Consent||Until withdrawal of consent||N/A||Users may at any time withdraw their consent for this processing|
|Evaluation of the relevance of the content offered and the operations implemented||Legitimate interest||3 years from the last contact||N/A|
|Sending invitations to events, competitions, sponsorship, promotions, and surveys||Consent||3 years from last contact unless consent is withdrawn||N/A||Users may withdraw their consent for this processing at any time|
|Commercial prospecting||Consent / legitimate interest||Commercial prospecting Consent / legitimate interest Until withdrawal of consent / for 3 years from the last contact (example: a click on a link in an e-mail)|
|Management of Users’ accounts on the Platform and subscription requests |
|Contract||Duration of the contractual relationship |
|To process User requests for information and comments |
|Legitimate interest |
|3 years from last contact |
|Providing technical support and maintenance||Legitimate interest / contract||3 years from last contact if test access, duration of contractual relationship if customer access||N/A|
|Management of billing of subscriptions to the Platform |
| Contract |
|Duration of the contractual relationship |
|10 years||Billing data must be archived for 10 years according to article L.123-22 of the Commercial Code |
|Sending information on updates and news by e-mail or sms |
| Contract |
|Duration of the contractual relationship for sending to customers |
|Storage of customer file||Contract||Duration of contractual relationship |
5 years from the end of the contractual relationship (proof)
|Organisation and follow-up of training courses |
|Duration of training||5 years|
Where do we transfer your Personal Data?
DLD mainly chooses service providers who host their data in the European Union. However, where necessary, we may transfer your Personal Data to service providers operating outside the European Union.
If these service providers are in a country that is not considered to offer adequate protection by the European Commission, we implement the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission and we also include a Data Processing Agreement (“DPA”) as part of our contractual relationship with them.
Do you have a question or need more information?
If you have any questions about this Policy, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com